Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese Frosting
Who doesn’t love carrot cake? The slightly sweet, cinnamon flavor of this rich cake filled with fresh grated carrots and luscious chunks of pineapple and walnuts is sure to bring you rave reviews. The addition of Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese frosting, makes this dessert choice perfect for the dairy free diet.
3 cups cake flour
2 cups sugar
2 t. cinnamon
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 t. kosher salt
1 t. baking powder
1 can (8 3/4 oz.) crushed pineapple (Drain but SAVE THE JUICE)
3 eggs or substitute Flax mixture to replace eggs (2 Tbsp. Finely ground flax seeds plus 3 Tbsp. water replaces one egg. Mix them together in a small bowl or mug, and let sit a couple of minutes until it becomes like jelly, then add as you would eggs)
1 1/2 cups salad oil
2 t. pure vanilla
2 cups fresh grated carrot
1 1/2 cups walnuts
1. Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder.
2. Drain the pineapple, and save the juice. (approx. 1/3 cup)
3. Add the pineapple juice, flax, oil, vanilla to the dry mixture and blend thoroughly.
4. Stir in walnuts, crushed pineapple and grated carrot. Mix well.
5. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
7. Cool completely before frosting the cupcakes.
1 1/2 cups Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
1/2 cup margarine
1 1/2 t. pure vanilla
1/4 t. kosher salt
3 cups Powdered Sugar
1 t. meringue powder
1 T. soy milk
In large bowl with electric mixer, cream together Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese and margarine. Add vanilla, kosher salt and meringue powder until just combined. Slowly add the sugar. If mixture appears too thick, add the soy milk a teaspoon at a time. Frost cupcakes and watch them disappear.